How to Swaddle Your Baby
It pays for new parents to practice their swaddling skills, especially when dealing with an active or fussy baby. Learning to correctly swaddle your baby will help them sleep better, for longer. A win-win for tired parents and their babies!
Properly swaddling your baby will also ensure their safety, because loose blankets in a newborn’s crib can be a suffocation hazard.
Don’t worry. Your friends at Simka Rose are here to help with a simple, step-by-step guide to swaddling.
Seven Simple Simka Rose Swaddling Steps:
Even those most exhausted parents should be able to follow this!
- Start by laying your Simka Rose baby swaddle blanket in a diamond shape in your baby's crib, or on another soft, flat surface.
- Fold the ‘top’ corner point of the diamond down, as shown in the diagram. You may need to experiment with how big of a fold to make, depending on your unique baby.
- Place your baby in the blanket with their head just above the fold.
- Gently place their right arm by their side and wrap the right corner of the blanket across their tiny chest. Tuck the blanket behind their back.
- Repeat the previous step on the left side.
- You’ll notice you still have some loose fabric down near your baby's adorable feet. Simply pull up the remaining fabric and tuck it neatly under their chin
- Double-check that no fabric blocks your baby's nose or mouth. If your baby seems comfy and there are no loose ends, your little ball of love is ready for deep sleep and sweet dreams!
Still looking for that perfect blanket for your Simka Rose Babe?
For warmer weather, our classic muslin swaddling blanket is made from a safe, breathable bamboo cotton blend.
When it cools down, our lightweight but stretchy organic cotton waffle blanket is an easy way to add an extra layer of cozy comfort to your baby.
Keep practicing your swaddle wraps! You’ve got this!